The QA Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of quality control from quarrying, to kiln feed, and to the customers' truck. The individual ensures accuracy, providing oversight, in the production and manufacture of chemical grade quicklime products.
United States - NV - Wendover
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will work with plant management to ensure the highest standards are achieved in terms of environmental compliance, product quality, plant efficiency and availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working in a team environment, coordinate and manage multiple projects and assignments, analyze process data, troubleshoot plant operations, and assist in the implementation of solutions.
- Implement Quality Management Systems (QMS) in coordination with corporate QMS team.
- Supervise the Quality Assurance Lab and oversee analytical testing methods including but not limited to: wet bench methodology, XRF, LECO Carbon, and Sulfur Analysis.
- Coach and develop lab/environmental technicians and plant employees to perform at their highest level.
- Continual monitoring of plant processes and timely reporting of quality related issues.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Support CEM equipment and flue gas analyzers used in air quality control and combustion monitoring equipment.
- Perform "On call" duties on rotation with the supervisory team.
- Be a part of an effective team within the plant that works well with other functions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills.
- A combination of five years education or applicable industrial experience in the area of quality control or environmental compliance.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft systems and other business/technical applications with a proven track record of learning new systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.