HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Oversee fabrication and quality control, monitoring progress and ensuring production deadlines are met.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Directs fabrication operations so that production and budgetary goals are consistently met. Oversees and monitors the operations for the purpose of ensuring that production schedules are met and quality standards are maintained. Determines equipment availability and capabilities to efficiently schedule, coordinate, and move fabrication orders through the facility to meet customer expectations. Coordinates shop activities with sales.
- Instructs and monitors staff regarding safety issues. Ensures that the workplace is safe and in compliance with OSHA regulations and applicable fire codes.
- Makes requests for repairs and equipment as needed for shop.
- Ensures accurate and safe loading and unloading of trucks.
- Manages inventory loss (scrap) through the production process. Monitors rebar inventory.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Basic Operations Management experience. Experience in construction or manufacturing industry.
Job Locations US-AZ-Gilbert
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (7/24/2020 11:38 AM)
Job ID 2020-38681
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 85233
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.