Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists within the Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Team to provide overall bearing component gauging and inspection solutions for the company, and to support deployment of the technology into our global bearing manufacturing facilities. The focus will be on utilizing CMM and other masterless gauging solutions.
The candidate will be involved in supporting and developing new products, processes, and technology, and will work closely with manufacturing plants and other internal departments, such as Corporate Product Design, Quality, and Technology (R&D) teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- CMM EXPERTISE - Ability to specify, evaluate, develop, optimize, and deploy CMM inspection solutions for our global manufacturing locations to assure product quality.
- GAUGING TECHNOLOGY - Keeps abreast of commercial precision CMM and other metrology/gauging technology available in the global market.
- BEARING MANUFACTURING PLANT SUPPORT - Supports global bearing manufacturing facilities in deployment and continuously improves CMM and other gauging technology.
- MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS - Applies mathematical and statistical skills for analysis in evaluating gauging system performance including Gauge R&R studies.
- NEW PRODUCTS - Develops gauging and inspection methodologies in support of New Product launches.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Leads, plans, controls budget, and provides regular project updates on CMM and other gauging projects being implemented into our manufacturing facilities. Ability to formally summarize accomplishments, status, and issues in presentation and report formats.
- TEAM ENVIRONMENT - Work individually and in a team environment to investigate, evaluate, and select both custom and commercially available gauging solutions to measure Timken products.
- TRAVEL - willingness to travel both domestically and internationally to Timken Manufacturing Plants and/or Supplier locations - required periodically (occasionally for extended durations) at approximately 25%, depending on active projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related field (Electrical or Mechanical Preferred) with 2 to 4 years of experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Related field (Electrical or Mechanical Preferred) with 1 to 3 years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen
Manufacturing Engineering and/or Quality Engineer experience of at least one year. Work including gauging systems, inspection, metrology, quality systems, and calibration.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.