Import/Export Operations Account Manager - Level III
Universal Cargo is your one-stop shop for international shipping and logistics needs. At competitive rates, our friendly staff will provide you with reliable, transparent, and personalized service, covering every detail of shipping your goods around the world. With over 30 years of experience as a freight forwarder, Universal Cargo provides the know-how to handle any challenge that may arise with your imports or exports so you can focus on what you do best, building your business.
Pay: $55,000 - $57,000 annually
To use industry experience to provide proactive and excellent customer service to customers by planning for each shipment, executing superb deliveries, and providing logistics coordination to the great satisfaction of our customers and ourselves.
“If Sales is The Key and Accounting is The Fuel, Operations is The Engine in the Vessel that delivers customer satisfaction by CARING.”
- Track and trace FCL, LCL, and AIR shipments via steamship lines, rails, and airlines.
- Coordinate with brokers to ensure timely customs clearance.
- Provide proactive information to the customer regarding arrival, delivery and shipment status.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure payment is received prior to delivery.
- Coordinate with truckers to ensure timely deliveries.
- Negotiate with vendors on rates when necessary.
- Generate and compile various spreadsheets or reports.
- Anticipate problems and work on solutions when they happen.
- Solve Complex problems with tact and calmness.
- Billing and invoicing to ensure maximum profits are obtained on a shipment by shipment basis.
- Other tasks as may be necessary to ensure a smooth and prompt shipping and customer service experience.
- 5+ years NVOCC / Freight Forwarder import experience required
- 1+ years NVOCC / Freight Forwarder export experience a plus
- Ability to handle a shipment from booking to delivery
- Ability to handle 75-100 files per month including higher complexity shipments and customers
- Willingness to learn and grow in logistics knowledge
- CargoWise 1 experienced Preferred
- Multiple References needed
- Must submit to a background check
Who will Succeed in this Position?
- An organized person
- Someone with a good memory and attention to detail
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communication
- One who is customer service centric
- One who enjoys solving problems
- One who responds quickly to inquires
- One who enjoys learning and being coachable
- One who enjoys and works well with others
- A proactive thinker and problem solver.
- One who is really good with technology including Excel, Outlook, Word, etc…
Safety Measures – COVID 19
The team at Universal Cargo is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace for all employees and visitors. Everyone is encouraged to follow the most conservative guidelines available from leading global and local health authorities (such as the CDC and WHO), including social distancing, frequent hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and staying home if at all possible.
Additionally, we have we have implemented a remote or safe distancing training through Microsoft 365 Teams application. The trainee can talk and share screens remotely or from a different room.