Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking a thoroughly experienced, journeyman level, full-time Electric Motor Rewinder.
Job Summary: Rewind various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Test condition of windings according to EASA standards.
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions.
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including, but not limited to: single-phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and synchronous fields. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including, but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective equipment (including safety goggles/glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, etc.).
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Perform other skilled and/or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- Preferred level of education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred level of experience: 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work alone or within a team.
- Focused on safety and quality.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operation and safety procedures.
- Ability to instruct, mentor and lead associates in the rewind department.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, operate tools/equipment, and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We foster a drug-free work environment.