Where: Northlake, IL (635 Northwest Ave)
Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $15.00/hr and up, based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 5:30am-2:00pm with overtime as needed.
HD Supply, o ur mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Warehouse and Production Associates connect our customers with the goods they need to make this happen.
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here: https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Read specifications and interpret measurements
- Measure, cut, and finish custom window treatments, cabinets, counter tops, and doors
- Work in a team-based manufacturing setting
- Check completed orders for quality and accuracy
- Safely and properly package product to prevent damage during shipping
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Paid Time Off AND Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Growth
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- Must be able to read a measuring tape
- Must be proficient with basic addition and subtraction
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to speak English fluently
What will give you an edge:
- Experience using hand tools and saws
- 6-12 months of carpentry, manufacturing, or assembly experience preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven environment
- Experience with computers
- Bilingual proficiency
Click "apply now" so we can get to know you!
Watch the video below to learn more about HD Supply and what it's like to work here:
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of products, including stretch cord, metal, and wood. Performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Works on processes, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools. May cut metal frames, wood, paper, etc. to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet. May align layout marks with die and blade, position materials being joined to ensure proper fit and finish. Uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets and double check measurements for accuracy.
- Performs bench-type processes to complete material assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tools as required.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials. Places finished goods on designated pallet.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follows prescribed safety regulations and performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety issues.
- Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides. Practices safe work habits to ensure production safety and efficiency.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-IL-Northlake - US-IL-Bensenville - US-IL-Elmhurst
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (7/24/2020 4:02 PM)
Job ID 2020-38707
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60164
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.