This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Customs Entry Writer
Customs Entry Writer
- Examine, interpret and research information received from all parties to the shipment and take appropriate action.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely formal and informal regular and OGA Customs Entries from start to finish using computer software.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Co-ordinate and prepare all documentation for the timely delivery of imported goods from carrier to ultimate consignee.
- Find and obtain low cost vendors without sacrificing service.
- Prepare and send invoices to clients
- Obtain and input in computer system all costs associated with shipments.
- Responsible for the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of all of your work.
- Keep legible and accurate files/records as required by law and our company policies.
- Work within both the company's and Homeland Security's Security and C-TPAT rules and regulations.
- Provide timely and accurate customer service in line with company standards.
- Work closely with your immediate supervisor, take direction and report any problems immediately.
- Inform your supervisor when in doubt of any government regulation or company policy.
- Perform any other duty or task as assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Processing entries through ACE.
- Use the Harmonized Tariff Schedule to classify a diverse range of commodities.
- Research Government Regulations.
- Familiar with all Customs Forums needed to perform your job responsibilities.
- Classify FDA products.
- Determine value and prepare Single Entry Bonds when necessary.
- Prepare delivery orders
- Obtain freight releases.
- Basic knowledge of INCO Terms
- Knowledge of Customs Valuation
- Speak and write English fluently
- Able to use MS Outlook for email, address book and calendar purposes
- Basic billing and payable skills.
- Good customer service skills.
Be part of a closely knit team of professionals working to the highest standards of the international freight forwarding and logistics industry. Serra International, Inc., established in 1919, values and invests in its employees. Their dedication in the service of our customer and in the achievement of excellence is the foundation of our success.
- Health and Dental plans
- 401K retirement program
- Paid time off for vacation, sick days and personal days.
- Competitive Salary
- Business casual environment
Serra International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes resumes from all qualified candidates. Fluency in other languages is a plus but not a job requirement. If not interested we ask that you pass along our information to a friend who may be looking for a new job.