Logistics and Transportation Coordinator
A to Z Media is actively seeking a dynamic and versatile, Logistics and Transportation Coordinator. This position is responsible for negotiating freight costs, coordinating logistics for both in-bound and out-bound freight. The role is located in our NYC office but can be remote, and works on all domestic and potentially international shipments.
The ideal candidate has experience in logistics, warehousing and customer service. This position supports multiple departments within the company and reports to the COO.
- Provide quotes on demand/same day turn around
- Suggest options for potential deliveries
- Report important updates to team as needed
- Maintain updated freight cost information
- Work with CSR team to secure LTL shipments for all domestic vendors on a daily basis
- Send BOLs to vendors with CSRs on copy
- Send tracking to CSRs along with costs for every shipment – enter into Tolstoi
- Submit damage credits/follow up with accounting/CSRs with credit notes – working with UPS insurance, CSRs and Accounting
- Send weekly credit updates to upper management
- Become expert in knowing warehouse specifications
- Follow up on ALL Dockets to make sure every line item has a ship to/follow up if product is missing a shipping address
- Audit and code freight forwarders' freight bills for payment with appropriate general ledger account numbers
- Review invoices as requested
- Monthly reporting
- Collaborate to integrate logistics with company processes
- Maintain log of all shipping activity monthly and prepare reports.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures.
- Suggesting operational changes for efficiency improvement for the logistics department.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with all levels of the organization, articulate ideas, and process improvements.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in Production and Operations Planning for understanding and execution of monthly plan and goals.
JFK A to Z Media Warehouse
- Assist with dockets as needed
- Back up as needed
- Order branded cartoning/other supplies as needed to ship product domestically
- Monitor outgoing shipments - be sure all product picked up and in transit
- Confirm specs of every shipment
- Coordinate with vendor(s) for pick up times
- Combine shipments as appropriate
- Send BOLs to vendors/CSRs
- Confirm tracking once available – send to CSR/enter into Tolstoi(internal system )
- Export paperwork set up (SLI)
- Weekly check ins with Echo / Global Tranz – send internal updates as needed
- Review UPS Small Package costings and liaise with UPS reps
- Continually reviews rates and secures best pricing for A to Z Media
A to Z Media is a music manufacturing broker who has been in business for over 25 years. We work with a wide variety of clients from individual artists up through the major labels. AtoZ is a growing and dynamic team comprised of passionate art, sales and production specialists who fervently believe that one size and solution does not fit all scenarios- certainly not when crafting an indelible physical product that is uniquely aligned with a singular artistic expression.
Our dedicated staff tirelessly advocates on our client's behalf while ensuring their efforts are conducted with integrity and goodwill towards all; customers, fellow employees and suppliers alike.
Our longstanding track record for supplying customers with total solutions for their manufacturing requirements has a newfound resonance given the challenges facing the music industry today. Our clients are seeking greater efficiencies, more intricate packaging choices, comparative pricing and quicker production turn times in the face of narrowing release windows. Given these realities, we believe we can step into most any room and provide immediate value.