This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Continuous Improvement Lead
The OPEX Team Leader will lead the design and implementation of system improvements at the facility level. The role will align and follow the lead of the Plant Manager as well as be guided by the OPEX Production System Team Leader to make process improvements and develop Associates. The role will work with team members to continually improve processes regarding safety, quality control, and productivity in order to enhance customer service.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, define problems, determine root causes, develop solutions, test solutions, implement, stabilize and sustain improvements while engaging and coaching team members throughout the continuous improvement [CI] process (DMAICS and/or PDCA).
- To calculate the benefits of CI initiatives by defining key metric(s); setting baseline, target, and time frame for achieving goals.
- Lead/ Train/ Coach team members to make improvements in all Departments.
- Improve material flow, inventory control, scheduling systems while incorporating visual management tools so that abnormal conditions are readily identified.
- To comply with and coach safety policies & procedures, quality guidelines, and standardized work instructions.
- Collaborate with team members to continually improve upon standard work instructions.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Communicate with internal customers to understand opportunities for continuous improvement.
- To coach to and implement proven Best Practices as directed by OPEX Production System Team Leader.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ideally has a broad background in quality, production, engineering, and/ or supply chain.
- Understanding of LEAN concepts and proven experience in process improvements including but not limited to a reduction in set-up times, increased efficiency, increased utilization, etc.
- Must be able to train others on Lean manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
The ability to think strategically is a must.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to illustrate the current state of the process as well as a future state.
- The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others' concerns and feelings and to communicate with them.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must also be able to consider optimization and cost-effectiveness during the decision making process.
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferable in engineering or a related technical field.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general procedures and/or documents in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers whose first language is English.