HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Provide customer service by responding to inquiries regarding product selection, services and issues. Associates will be responsible for knowledge of 20,000 products and 3 catalogues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responds to customer order and quotation requests received via the telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence within the department service goals.
- Performs necessary follow-up to ensure customer service expectations are met.
- Facilitates profitable growth and the sales process by adherence to department incentive and initiative programs.
- Researches and suggests alternative products to customers. Provides representation of products, increasing sales wherever appropriate or as requested.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Resolves customer issues including issuance of credit concessions.
- Refers complex, non-standard problems to supervisor.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Previous customer service experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Job Locations US-IL-Waukegan
Posted Date 2 months ago (7/29/2020 8:29 AM)
Job ID 2020-38708
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Customer Service
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60085
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.