This is a great opportunity to gain valuable project logistics experience with a first class global company as a Warehouse Customer Service Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have experience in the import/export environment with a background in supply chain, logistics, ocean, air and ground transportation, and data entry. This is a fast paced environment and requires accuracy, attention to detail, excellent customer service, time management and computer skills, the ability to work as a team member while taking ownership of the Warehouse forefront tasks.
- Process Receiving inbound freight and documents for warehouse
- Process Shipping D/O (Delivery Order) for warehouse staff via printing D/Os and customs related forms, PRO
- Performs data entry into CONTROL and verification according to established procedure
- Communicate to warehouse on the freight receipt and processing
- Check in drivers with check in process and communicate to warehouse
- Responsible for determining and reporting the cargo particulars and discrepancies such as overages, shortages,
- Issues Materials Receipts Details for cargo received
- Other projects, assignment, or tasks given by warehouse management
- High school diploma or GED; AA/Vocational/Technical preferred
- 1-3 years Freight Forwarding experience preferred
- Knowledge of logistics and transportation required
- Sense of urgency and ability to follow up are critical skills
- Ability to multi-task and exercise independent judgment
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be able to interface with multiple departments, drivers, and warehouse staff including management in
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment. Spanish bi-lingual a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Freight Forwarding software.
- AS400 experience a plus
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods
40hours per week (schedule TBD) (occasional overtime or weekend hours may occur)
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.