Agility DGS Americas seeks a new team member! We seek a motivated individual who excels in planning, developing, and coordinating full-cycle logistics services for maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Tasked with the responsibility of coordinating shipments for the Company, you will be responsible for the logistics management of a specific contract within our USG business operations. The position is vital in establishing the daily flow of customer orders in the DGS network. Tracking and monitoring the contract shipments moving from origin to destination, creating bookings for new orders arriving at the gateway, and prioritizing.
As the Logistics Management Specialist, you will work on the Global Heavyweight Services contract, providing logistics management of DoD export shipments between CONUS and OCONUS locations. This position will require independent onsite work from the Company's office in Atlanta, GA.
This position requires you to travel, as needed, up to 10%.
Integrity: building trust with customers, communities, suppliers and colleagues by doing what is right
Personal Ownership: adheres to the values and standards and code of business ethics associated with Agility, and takes responsibly for actions
Teamwork: Capable of working across organizational and cultural boundaries to achieve extraordinary results
Excellence: We build a culture based on superior performance and execution to better serve our customers.
- Handle expedited, out of gauge, and hazardous freight within established guidelines set forth by DGS internal operations process standards
- Generate and maintain, complete and meticulous export documentation
- Supply prompt and needed documentation to relevant parties within the logistics workflow process
- Track and trace shipments through transit points, and through to final destination
- Complete export clearance
- Establish and maintain an active channel of communication between the customer, agent, carrier, and vendor,
- Provide consistent or expeditious updates appropriate to the circumstance
- Maintain consistent and reliable updates of milestones
- Provide aide to the PMs with day-to-day operations, in meeting customer requirements and additional lane set up
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job's duties, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is often required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance and close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
The work will be performed mainly in an office, in and around office equipment, and near warehouse machinery and operations.
Communication and Working Relationships
Possesses strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear direction when troubleshooting issues and providing a solution-based response to questions. Position requires experience and comfort when verbally communicating with and presenting to various staff, management, clients, vendors, officials, and executives.
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Experience Level
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience
- Cargowise experience within the last 18 months
- US Government Transportation experience within the previous 12 months
- Export Ocean transportation knowledge
- Export Air transportation knowledge
- ITAR/EAR import/export experience
- Dangerous Goods Certified
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable knowledge
- Customer Orientation: High
- Communication: High
- Personal Ownership & Accountability: High
- Results Drive: High
- Business Orientation [Agility]: Moderate
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities given to any employee. The key responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
About this Company
Agility Defense & Government Services is the public sector arm of Agility, which has more than 500 offices in 100+countries and a network of global transportation, warehousing, and storage capabilities.
Agility DGS provides complete supply chain management, logistics services, and commodity services to customers worldwide. CLICK HERE for more information on Agility DGS.
Agility is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all applicants are welcome; to include fair and impartial consideration for applicants with legally protected statuses such as Females /Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.