Export Specialist I
Develops a thorough understanding of clients' shipping requirements and patterns. Demonstrates sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends equipment needs. Plans and schedules appropriate service line for situation (ground, expedited, air, ocean, etc.) to maintain an effective balance between service and cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective.
- Ensure regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed, and released to carrier, forwarders, customers, and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by customers' standard operating procedures.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on established client pricing, while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish knowledge of Incoterms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develop methods and procedures for transportation of commodities for designated shippers from local or offshore locations to warehouses, other storage facilities or final consignee locations.
- Prepare timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Negotiate shipping rates and submit to branch manager for approval when necessary.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
- Use established regulatory knowledge to apply classification of HTS/Schedule B numbers, tariff filing, hazardous material handling (as required by position) and any other government agency requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments (i.e., customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
- Process licensed shipments, assemblies, and in-bond movements.
- Maintain courteous, prompt, and efficient customer relations.
- Participate as an effective team member with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- 2-5 years operational experience in international transportation, preferably with an international logistics provider.
- Bachelor's degree in business, transportation, logistics, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel and Word and database applications.
- Bachelor's degree in business, transportation, logistics preferred.
- Dangerous Goods Certification preferred
- Knowledge of state, federal, and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e., customs, security, other import and export government agencies).
- CargoWise experience preferred.
Noatum Logistics USA Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, Noatum Logistics is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many other areas. With operations in Europe, Asia, North Africa, North America, and South America, Noatum Logistics provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills, and take on greater responsibilities, Noatum Logistics offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, our infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts. Noatum Logistics employees understand that customer service is our top priority and our service is at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers' business.
To learn more about Noatum Logistics USA: www.miq.com, www.noatumlogistics.com.