Logistics done differently.
Staying on top of the complex and ever-changing tax regulations is a challenge you love. As the Senior Tax Analyst for International Income Tax, you will ensure that XPO Logistics is in complete compliance with all legal requirements pertaining to foreign income tax. You'll impact several key areas, including the preparation, review and submission of all foreign income tax returns, U.S. reporting of international affiliates and transactions, and required payments and audit verifications. It will be up to you to ensure that XPO accurately reports income taxes on its financial documents, while seeking to minimize our overall foreign income tax burden. Join us at XPO, and we'll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Ensure company tax compliance and prepare and/or review U.S. international reporting and compliance obligations (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 5713, FBAR, disclosure statements, etc.);
- Prepare calculations and documentation supporting other US international tax issues, such as, FTC, GILTI, FDII, Subpart F, and E&P.
- Assist with transfer pricing issues, including royalty and intercompany cross charge calculations and transfer pricing documentation.
- Assist with the coordination of tax compliance of various foreign jurisdictions with external consultants.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and year-end provisions; prepare and/or review GILTI, BEAT and FDII calculations according to new tax legislations; prepare and assist with the international aspects of the U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) worldwide income tax provision
- Serve as a resource for international tax matters and questions that arise during the quarter
- Assist with tax planning strategies; assist with modeling the impact of tax reform
- Research international tax issues, such as, treaty-related issues, permanent establishment and withholding rules, and other tax-related topics
- Help identify, research, evaluate and implement efficient tax strategies; assist with due diligence on international acquisitions or other business transactions; monitor both pending and enacted tax legislations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3 or more years of professional experience in a publicly-traded corporate income tax department or in the tax department of a large public accounting firm
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and CorpTax software
- Ability to conduct tax research using RIA, BNA and other published sources
It'd be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 5 or more years of professional experience in a publicly-traded corporate income tax department, or in the tax department of a large public accounting firm
- Proficiency with Longview, Oracle, and Alteryx software
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.