Are you a self-starter, go-getter, and a deal manager looking to move your sales career forward? How about in an industry that is moving the things that move the world forward? The trucking sector of the transportation industry moved nearly 69% of all domestic freight. Penske is a leader in transportation services and we help our customers succeed!
We are expanding our sales team and looking to find passionate, highly motivated, sales-minded individuals to help us grow our business. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years in B2B sales experience, account management, and territory management. Bachelor's degree or an additional 4 years of relevant experience required. Candidates require strong communication, organization, and influencing skills. This position is suited for someone who is self-driven, embraces change, and has a comfort level working in a matrixed reporting relationship. The right candidate must be willing to work within a geography with a focus on customer interaction.
The Lease Sales Representative is responsible for identifying sales opportunities, conducting sales calls and customer visits within their assigned territory to diverse customers and executives to help fulfill their transportation and financial needs through full-service truck leasing. Lease Sales Representatives generate sales volume and revenue through a process of prospecting new B2B customers' accounts, retaining existing customers, and penetrating existing customers to increase their volume/revenue of business with Penske Truck Leasing.
This position is responsible for exceeding monthly revenue quotas through ongoing customer development and prospecting activities, consistent proposal generation, and active management of a sales pipeline. As a results driven organization, Penske recognizes our Lease Sales teams efforts with commissions, company vehicle, and top sales performer recognition programs.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
• Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
• Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
• Prepare estimates, and proposals that meet specific customer needs
• Provide customers with product samples and catalogs
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
• Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
• Provide account management to lease customers by resolving operational and financial conflicts.
• Build relationships with Leasing Customers by acting as a transportation consultant, conducting periodic reviews, and managing the voice of the customer process
• Complete administrative duties related to account management by following up on accounts receivable, equipment delivery, completing reports, etc
• Manage the communication process between customers and the district by facilitating visits, documentation preparation and presentation, and other methods to ensure proper communication
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor Qualifications:
• At least 5 years of sales and customer service experience required, with service and transportation industry preferred
• High School degree or equivalent required
• Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or related area preferred
• Ability to work independently, deal with people, detail orientation, prioritization skills, and organizational skills are required
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.