Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
As a Facilities Technician, following are the responsibilities:
- Repairing and making improvements to building and infrastructure
- Supporting and maintaining fire protection systems
- Maintaining the distribution center's HVAC system
- Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
- Metal and wood fabrications
- Repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
- Repairing and maintaining building pneumatic system
- Maintaining automated conveyor system
- Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Tracking and storing the department's inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in department
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration,
standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Position is required to be on-call on a rotating basis, including holidays and weekends
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- 2 years PC competency, use the basics of Word & Excel, know how to get around in Windows.
- 1-2 years experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants.
- Electrical knowledge of basics components and use test equipment ability to do simple circuitry.
- HVAC equipment and basic component knowledge and ability to clean filters
- Plumbing basic knowledge and ability to can shut off water and identify problems. Ability to repair plastic PVC pipe.
- Basic knowledge and experience with building lighting and ability to change out lights. Experience troubleshooting of lights, displays and wiring in each bay.
- Compressors, Pneumatic's - understands 1 1 what they do and how to take readings. Ability to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor knowledge.
- Metal and wood fabrication skills
- 2 plus years experience and proficiency in the following areas: Automated conveyor systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principals . Blueprint and electrical schematic reading . Repair of material handling equipment . HVAC maintenance and repair. Preventative maintenance procedures
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.