HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements for internal customers. Ensure business solutions align with requirements and strategic goals. Design, document, test and leverage business solutions. Assist in defining and planning departmental project roadmaps. Partner with clients and manage prioritization and delivery of services for an application module or subject area.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. Makes presentations to business partners on findings.
- Develops detailed business cases, ROI calculations, value definition, cost assessments (expense/capital), benefits, and risk analyses.
- Provides recommendations based on findings and analyses.
- Develops, supports, and improves department scorecards and presentations.
- Defines and measures key performance Indicators.
- Manages enterprise project intake, capital assignment, closure, and executive communications. May act as a project manager on approved projects.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3+ years experience in aggregating large volumes of data for analysis
- Experience in acquiring data within large multi-system enterprise environments.Familiar with analytic concepts and how to measure business results (e.g. KPIs)
- Solid working knowledge work break down processes
- Six Sigma experience/some certification preferred (Lean/Green-belt/Black-belt) preferred
- Experience with Reporting and Visualizations; Project Management and Project Scoping; experience with Requirements elicitation/documentation, Agile Methodology
- Certification in database/analysis tools preferred
- Strong background in CRM and solid understanding of Salesforce.com CRM. SF.com certification is a plus
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 1 month ago (8/20/2020 2:03 PM)
Job ID 2020-39060
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.