Maintenance Technician, Lab Equipment
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
Responsibilities for Maintenance Technician:
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Support and learn from Senior Maintenance Technicians.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems
- Experience fault finding within MHE/Automation systems
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Basic workshop skills
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- Experience of contractor management
- Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
- Experience of high voltage switching
- Experience of sortation machines
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners
- Experience of print and apply machines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.