Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists for the purpose of providing technical oversight for the optimization of all material and thermal treatment processes for the aerospace components manufactured in the facility. The associate will ensure the metallurgical integrity of all products and provide technical assistance in the resolution of problems associated with the manufacturing of existing and new products
- Co-develop plant standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with corporate standards and customer requirements.
- Provide daily manufacturing support via the analysis of metallurgical issues and establish appropriate resolution for optimizing plant processes:
- Resolve situations which inhibit product flow
- Trouble-shoot and provide solutions for metallurgical processes that impact production operations.
- Coorindate the disposition of questionable product
- Interpret product metallurgical characteristics and make decisions on corrective actions and deviations needs as a result of product not meeting Timken/Customer Standards.
- Determine systemic concerns and address as applicable
- Analyze process audit and customer feedback results in correlation with process capability and corporate standards periodically and proactively establish preventative and/or corrective actions.
- Develop and conduct metallurgical training to Metallurgical Lab personnel pertaining to metallurgical requirements. In order for associates to understand and perform their job functions, including improving proficiencies.
- Utilize own knowledgebase to identify, develop and carry out project ideas for the overall improvement of quality, performance and/or cost structure.
- Prepare and perform in plant audits as required.
- Act as plant liaison with corporate metallurgical resources, and serve as an interface with customers at a technical level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelor of Science Degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science or Chemistry
Prior experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
|3 to 5 years of metallurgy experience|
Ability to read and interpret customer specifications, technical report, and technical journals, etc.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical information effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization
Solid computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, drawings, database, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Ability to work efficiently and effectively with a team (internally and externally)
Competency working in an environmentally and safety conscience work culture
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.