Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Senior Analytical Engineer position. The Senior Analytical Engineer provides structural and stress analysis for gear drives used in Marine and Industrial applications. This position will perform structural, shock, vibration and stress analysis for various drives used in Marine and Industrial applications using Finite Element methods and other classical engineering methods and programs. The Senior Analytical Engineer will provide engineering expertise in evaluating and validating designs to meet military and other industry specifications required for gear drive designs.
- Responsible for performing finite element and classical stress analysis for gear drive units and components in marine and industrial applications.
- Perform analysis during proposal and post order stage for unit sizing, structural analysis for deformations, stresses, shock, vibration, noise and weight optimization requirements.
- Perform analysis on welds, bolts and joints using FEA and classical methods.
- Perform lateral critical speed and torsional vibration analysis for rotating components and systems.
- Select and analyze gears and bearings for gear drive to meet specification requirements.
- Develop reports and present results of analysis.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Proficiency with analytical techniques including FEA and classical methods in structural analysis
- Proficient use of analysis tools using NASTRAN, Solidworks, FEMAP and other analysis tools
- Prior experience in Industrial or Marine gear drive application and design
- Familiarity with MIL specifications and DDAM analysis requirements
- Familiarity with MIL specifications for Shock design of structures and components
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other MS Office software
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Naval Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in structural and stress analysis, 10 years preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.