HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements for internal customers. Ensure business solutions align with requirements and strategic goals. Assist in defining and planning departmental project roadmaps. Partner with clients and manage prioritization and delivery of services for an application module or subject area.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. May make presentations.
- Provides recommendations based on findings and analyses.
- Develops detailed business cases, ROI calculations, value definition, cost assessments (expense/capital), benefits, and risk analyses.
- Develops, supports, and improves business scorecards and presentations.
- Participates in managing enterprise project intake, capital assignment, closure, and executive communications.
- Provides input to the definition and measurement of key performance indicators.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 1-2 years experience in aggregating large volumes of data for analysis.
- Six Sigma experience/some certification preferred (Lean/Green-belt/Black-belt) preferred.
- Certification on database/analysis tools preferred.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (9/10/2020 1:53 PM)
Job ID 2020-39448
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.