HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for assisting with the strategic development and implementation of the EHS program elements for HD Supply. Provides an additional level of EHS support for the location managers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Assists with the development of EHS training and awareness materials including managing the relationships with training materials vendors and the development/ upkeep of the EHS intranet site.
- Interacts with regulatory agencies as it relates to citations, notices of violation, informal conferences, appeals, submittals, permit renewals, inspections, and corrective actions.
- Assists with the strategic development of trend analyses and metrics reports for the business units to drive down injury rates and improve compliance.
- Assists with the analyses, development and implementation of processes that improve the effectiveness of the EHS programs.
- Supports the EHS-related requests for information from the business units.
- Works directly with the locations and Business Operations to develop materials for submittal to potential customers in their job bid processes.
- Provides EHS-related training to location managers and associates as needed.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2-5 years experience in the EHS or related field.
- BS/MS degree in Occupational Safety & Health or a related discipline.
- Mergers and acquisitions or diligence and integration experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (9/11/2020 9:15 AM)
Job ID 2020-39186
Business Unit Corporate GSC
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.