Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose / Responsibilities:
Provide engineering expertise, project management, machine reliability planning, and leadership to the plant. The
position will focus on developing and/or modifying plant production processes, production equipment, tooling, and
gauging; as well as in-process product designs for the purposes of maximizing production capacity, minimizing
manufacturing costs, continuous improvements, improving customer delivery, improving product quality, and/or
eliminating safety concerns.
- Translate Timken print requirements into plant specific requirements for understanding on the shop floor.
- Ensure that customer requirements get properly flowed down to the operations group.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to ensure product is properly designed to achieve optimal flow through manufacturing processes.
- Direct standard statistical analysis of manufacturing processes (capability studies) and equipment performance to determine areas of opportunity and implement improvements.
- Apply manufacturing best practices, and optimal grind models to new products being introduced to the production environment.
- Manage design, documentation, and implementation activities of various internal and external suppliers and act as the technical expert in the plant on manufacturing processes.
- Train less experienced engineers in plant.
- This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Plant manufacturing experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Project management expertise
- Statistical knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Practices
- . Bachelors degree in Engineering required; preferred degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical. Masters preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.