Pay starts at $25.04
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, you're more than a Technician. With us, you'll have a starring role on our team, providing the expertise that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. Using your strong technical and diagnostic abilities, you'll have the support and equipment to do your best work. If you're looking for a great opportunity with a rapidly growing global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive wages and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment systems
- Work in accordance with DOT, EPA, Interstate Authority, OSHA and other rules and regulations
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and prepare safety documentation as needed
- Maintain proficiency with equipment and technologies that enhance productivity
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
- Your own hand tools for tractor-trailer repairs
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Experience with trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventive maintenance for tractor technicians
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.