Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists in order to increase productivity, improve product quality, improve safety, and increase profitability of the Timken Company Lincolnton manufacturing plant. This individual will lead and manage engineering projects from conceptualization to full installation -developing project plans, budgets, writing Appropriation Requests, coordinating internal engineering and support personnel, purchasing parts and equipment, training operators and maintainers, and debugging equipment in order to support highly automated manufacturing operations. The Senior Process Engineer conducts feasibility studies and performs engineering functions including data collection and analysis, daily equipment and process problem solving, driving continuous improvement initiatives, and providing accurate and thorough documentation.
- Increase plant productivity by implementing continuous improvement plans of the manufacturing plant including cost reduction initiatives.
- Improve product quality by meeting customer (internal/external) expectations.
- Lead and manage projects to meet the desired goal in a set time frame and within budget. Projects can range in value from a few thousand to several million. Complexities include what is described above plus fundamental understanding of engineering principles involved to evaluate the ability of equipment and processes to meet customer expectations, writing specifications for the purchase of equipment, procuring or performing the installation engineering, designing new circuitry or redesigning existing circuitry or processes.
- Coordinate with contractors, suppliers, and maintenance to provide new, more innovative and cost effective solutions to existing as well as new manufacturing cells.
- Improve equipment reliability utilizing tools such as failure analysis, problem solving, lean manufacturing, and design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Ability to apply electrical fundamantals to troubleshooting, operation, and design of electrcial components and machinery.
- Strong PLC troubleshooting and programming skills
- Experience troubleshooting ladder logic
- Experience utilizing 2D Drafting software such as AutoCAD
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to lead projects
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable in bearing manufacturing, assembly, and inspection processes
- Experience supplying product to Automotive customers and PPAP of new product
- In depth knowledge and experience in manufacturing equipment and processes
- In depth knowledge and experience in grinding principles and processes
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience in robot programming
- Experience with Eddie Current systems
- Experiene with relay logic
- Experience with legacy
- Experience troubleshooting CNC equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.