Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Senior Design Engineer position. The Senior Design Engineer designs and analyzes gear drive systems and components for Industrial and Marine applications. This position requires the ability to engineer, design, analyze and select gear drive components and related systems using computer software for 3D modeling. The Senior Design Engineer will develop detail part drawings and bill of materials, interact with service centers and customers, and provide technical support to other departments in the Philadelphia Gear network.
- Responsible for developing gear designs including assemblies, bills of material, parts list and detail drawings as required in conformance with order requirements and Engineering standards and procedures.
- Perform checking and or approval of drawings/ designs by Philadelphia Gear, Vendor or Customer.
- Interfaces with King of Prussia and Regional Service Center Operations/ Quality Assurance team on disposition of deviations and resolves Regional Service Center's manufacturing, assembly, testing and installation problems.
- Develop tools to improve personal effectiveness and/or the effectiveness of the department.
- Perform detailed analysis of gear drive components to meet specification requirements.
- Select and analyze bearings, lube components and instrumentations for gear drive to meet specification requirements.
- Support customer service, sales, field service and manufacturing as required.
- Analyze order content and customer specifications to ensure product and customer satisfaction.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Proficiency with Solidworks 3D drawing software preferred, or other similar CAD design software
- Prior experience in Industrial or Marine gear drive application and design
- Prior experience in checking and approving manufacturing drawings
- Familiarity with AGMA, API and MIL specifications
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other features of MS office software
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in design of mechanical drives, 10 years' preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.