The Allentown operation is a state of the art aseptic bottling and variety packaging facility along with a full beverage distribution center. The site operation will function on the foundational principles of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance); principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma; and the power of High Performance Teams. All associates at the Allentown site will have specific accountability and ownership to the site operations and to their respective functional business operation. The site will run on state of the art enterprise information technology systems and manufacturing execution systems; and with highly automated processing equipment, packaging equipment, and material movement equipment; and very standardized lean processes. This position will be reporting to the Senior Plant Operations Manager who is responsible for the operations functions for the Manufacturing site.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for supporting all manufacturing personnel, processes, materials and equipment from start to end in a new state of the art aseptic manufacturing facility in Allentown, PA. Collaborate with site leadership to establish and lead processes that achieves high standards of safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost control, and high employee engagement.
- Assumes a shared role as a safety champion that inspires team members to embrace and be accountable for personal safety. Ensure a safe and orderly working environment, free of slip/trip hazards; maintain compliance to meet/exceed all site and regulatory requirements
- Supports all departmental related activities to ensure the timely execution of the production schedule to meet production and service goals. Ensure a high level of customer service while meeting inventory management goals, including raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods.
- Assists Manager to deliver cost and performance; complete projects & assignments on-time, and according to plan.
- Ensures adherence to food safety, regulatory and quality guidelines.
- Assist with leveraging Lean, 5S, and TPM principals to drive process improvement across all aspects of manufacturing including safety, quality and productivity. Identify, recommend and execute continuous improvement initiatives in the production operation including process, machinery, method and material changes, in support of plant goals. Develop and streamline procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas.
- Ensures aseptic integrity of the manufacturing processes while supporting the aseptic SME for the Operations function.
- Proactively engages maintenance and technical functions to work in unison with operations team members to maintain equipment in OEM conditions safely, efficiently, and cost effectively with minimal disruption to customer service.
- Drives employee engagement using HPT principals; Sets goals, assesses performance, ensures open communication, provides coaching, and establishes a team atmosphere.
- Supports the development of procedures, protocols, and standardized work; Ensures/Provides training to develop/grow direct reports.
- Escalates all employee related issues within the department to the proper channel. Assists with managing departmental staffing requirements in accordance to operating budget.
- Guide and support technicians in trouble-shooting production equipment when necessary.
- Well organized, high energy, data driven, and results oriented.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited University preferred (Engineering , Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field of study)
- 2 years of experience as an Operations/Production Lead or Supervisory role within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be available to work any shifts, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs
- Aseptic manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of TPM, lean, kaizen/six sigma preferred
Keys to success in this role include skills, knowledge and behaviors in the following areas:
- Confidence, integrity and an autonomous mindset with the ability to work independently and strive to win, even in challenging environments
- Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions and calibrate instrumentation
- Team-player attitude with well-developed interpersonal skills and comfort in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Mechanical orientation with the ability to solve problems and implement change
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to conduct root-cause analysis and implement corrections
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.