Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 15,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
The primary function of an Inspector is to carry out inspections related to the production of Inner/Outer Rings, Rolling Elements, Retainers, and Outsourced Supplied Rings. Review all paper documents to ensure internal requirements are met.
- Perform a variety of in-process inspections and bench inspections on the Manufacturing Floor, RLR Sort Room, Retainer Inspection, and Receiving Inspection to ensure dimensional check are within specifications and all paperwork is accurate and precise.
- Perform simple set-ups of gauging equipment. Follow established statistical sample plan and refer to process sheets, parts drawings, spec. sheets and specifications called out by Quality Assurance and Product Engineering. Must be capable of following inspection procedures called out by Quality Assurance and proper use of equipment used in routine product inspection. Inspection operations are controlled under separate I.P, EDS, ECS and EPS procedures.
- Inspection work sheets and forms are to be identified by a numerical inspection stamp for each inspector that identifies each process for which he/she has been approved.
- Record appropriate inspection data on designated forms.
- Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean an orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
- Assist in training employee(s) as required.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades education preferred
- Basic computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Above average mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies with ability to learn new process, procedures, and machines/gauges.
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting
- The ability to read and interpret prints and in-process work instructions
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 30 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.