The Victorville operation is a state of the art aseptic bottling and variety packaging facility along with a full beverage distribution center. The site operation is operating on the foundational principles of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance); principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma; and the power of High Performance Teams. All associates at the Victorville site will have specific accountability and ownership to the site operations and to their respective functional business operation. This position will be reporting to the Sr. Quality Manager for the site.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Food Safety and Quality Programs in VV. This role will supervise the Quality Department staff which included batching, Sanitation, QA techs, micro techs, and Janitorial team members. Quality supervisor will lead team members to ensure KDP is positioned to produce perfectly safe food/beverage products as defined by FSMA, six sigma Quality performance and 100% compliance to all FDA and GFSI requirements. Collaborate with site leadership to establish and lead processes that achieves high standards of safety, quality, productivity, cost control, and high employee engagement.
This is a full-time permanent position working on our 3rd shift from 09:00pm to 5:30am, Sunday night - Thursday morning. Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends depending on changing business needs.
- Assumes a shared role as a safety champion that inspires team members to embrace and be accountable for personal safety. Ensure a safe and orderly working environment, free of slip/trip hazards; maintain compliance to meet/exceed all site and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of GMP, HACCP, FSMA, Safe Quality Food Principles, Food Defense Principles & Quality Management Systems.
- Assist in development, execution and improvement of all Quality Assurance and Food Safety Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Support execution of a strong CAPA (Corrective Action / Preventive Action) program that drives site improvement in Quality and Regulatory Compliance.
- Ability assist with managing departments operating budget, including but not limited to Headcount, Compensation, Material & Supplies, Preventative Maintenance, and Professional Fees.
- Understand and apply moderately complex mathematical concepts, to include statistics, in support of continuous improvement and statistical process control efforts
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, analysis quality data and draw valid conclusions to solve problems, improve customer and consumer satisfaction, and improve and simply process.
- Support new product, new materials, and new supplier projects and qualifications, working with R&D, Procurement, and Corporate Quality change processes.
- Provide daily dispositions and resolutions to production quality issues. Coordinate actions related to vendor quality issues, including processing of vendor claims.
- Support the continual monitoring of all products during manufacture to assure conformance to established product specifications.
- Provide the necessary technical support to the plant in the areas of processing, packaging and ingredient evaluation.
- Participate in the planning, organization and implementation of special projects.
- Well organized, high energy, data driven, and results oriented.
- Bachelor's degree Preferred from an accredited University (Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemical engineering, Chemistry, Food Engineering or related field of study)
- 2 years of experience as a Quality Lead or Supervisory role within a manufacturing environment.
- Aseptic manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be available to work any shifts, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs
- Knowledge of TPM, lean, kaizen/six sigma preferred
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills (plant, management, regulators, customers)
Keys to success in this role include skills, knowledge and behaviors in the following areas:
- Confidence, integrity and an autonomous mindset with the ability to work independently and strive to win, even in challenging environments
- Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions and calibrate instrumentation
- Team-player attitude with well-developed interpersonal skills and comfort in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Mechanical orientation with the ability to solve problems and implement change
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to conduct root-cause analysis and implement corrections
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.