- Answering of phones professionally and timely.
- Answering and responding to e-mail requests timely.
- Quoting customers and overseas partners.
- Updating Special Tracking and Accounting Reports for Customers.
- Dispatching of shipments.
- Ensure dispatch is aware of any special instructions/cut offs.
- Interface with Customs Broker, Importer and Customer for Import Shipments.
- Booking of air shipments with Pilot Gateway teams.
- Confirming Known shipper via KSMS for air shipments.
- Booking ocean shipment with co-loader and ocean carriers.
- Label Air and Ocean Shipments.
- Process DG shipments including checklist.
- Filing of AES.
- Accurately complete entry of pickup/quote information into Navigator.
- Tracking and tracing of shipments.
- Communicating to internal/external customers and sales regarding issues.
- Update/notate tracking milestones.
- Research of shipments for Corporate requests/reports.
- Research of shipments for Accounting requests/reports.
- Understanding TSA regulations.
- Billing: closing out of shipments timely.
- Including request of vendor invoices and selling rates.
- Export specific:
- Must have DG certification to handle DG shipments.
- Must have knowledge of airline regulations i.e. oversize, banding.
- Import specific:
- Must have knowledge of POA, customs brokerage regulations, DO, ISF.
- Must have knowledge of working with air and ocean carriers.
- Chargeback and PN reports
- Printing daily and researching and responding timely.
- Timely invoicing and closing out of shipments.
- Recommend and develop new policies/procedures.
- Complete, submit and review personnel issues timely, including but not limited to; annual reviews, required disciplinary actions, punctuation, and keeping current on required trainings.
- Training of new employees according to Pilot's standards, procedures and goals.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, getting along with other employees, following direction and continually improving.
- Maintain operation by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently using sound judgment while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies and regulations.
- Flexible work hours/schedule including weekends/holidays.
- 24/7 accessibility via phone.
- Other duties assigned deemed necessary by the Global Ops Manager.
- Must be able to type accurately at least 35 WPM.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to calculate chargeable weight and volume for all shipments.
- Work with a sense of urgency, understanding how to prioritize.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to work hands-on, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications, if applicable.
- DG certification.
- 5-years of industry experience.
- 3-years of managing/leading people.
This is an administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
High School or better.
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Novice