The main function of this position will be to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction as it pertains to the 3PL product. This is a "hands-on" position that will require a working knowledge of all aspects of the 3PL product. Helps to receive and store all items coming in to ensure a smooth and consistent operation so customer product is verified in quantity and condition as well as put away upon delivery to the DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverages the WMS to drive warehouse processes where possible and continuously looks for opportunities to further improve this.
- Support Shipping, Inventory Control, and the Value Added Services (VAS) Sponsors to provide a safe, efficient and productive workflow.
- Maintains equipment and consumables required to perform the daily functions of Receiving.
- Plans and schedules inbound carriers.
- Supports the unloading of all product into the Receiving Department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report product received; ensures carrier paperwork is completed, signed off and compliant.
- Help to resolve discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiving reports.
- Monitors the process flow to ensure efficient and timely updates to the systems.
- Oversees the movement of inventory from inbound carries to Receiving Dock and from Receiving Dock to the Warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Monitors and measures Receiving and Warehouse performance for accuracy of receiving reporting and movement and storage of inventory.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, or Inventory Control in a distribution environment.
- Strong knowledge of Receiving, Warehouse, and Material Handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Must be safety certified
- Must be experienced in receiving hazardous materials.
- Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security, C-TPAT regulations, OSHA compliance, Forklift certification
- Knowledge and previous use and/or configuration of any leading WMS a plus.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a positive "can do" attitude that motivates others.
- Must poses skills and professional standardsShould demonstrate interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, other managers, supervisors and associates
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including; writing, editing, and presentation
- Proactive and excellent prioritization skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a positive attitude
- Implement and maintain a standard in which the Team will support and respect implemented Receiving Control Guidelines
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable using metrics to manage team and drive improvements
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, have a solid physical aptitude and endurance and the desire to work in a fast paced environment. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel, operate machinery and drive a vehicle. This position will require a variety of duties. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50lbs.