The Warehouse Shipping Clerk completes the daily operational activities of shipping Department. He/she ensures all assigned tasks are accomplished accurately and in a timely manner while providing support to the rest of the Warehouse Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pull and Stage cargo
- Load/unload ULD's/Containers as per warehouse manager instructions
- Label Cargo
- Follow SOP
- Communicate discrepancies to supervisor
- Performs work to load inventory into designated packages, boxes, crates, or other receptacles.
- Counts items placed into containers to maintain accurate inventory
- Reviews packing lists to insure all required items are included.
- Provide input for safety and productivity improvements to supervisors
- Maintains clean, clutter-free working environment
- Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions.
- Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred • 2+ years of related experience and/or training preferred • Forklift Experience required • Duties may require exerting up to 50 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
DESIRED ATTRIBUTESAbility to operate in warehouse environment • Detail oriented with ability to carry out instructions and processes with minimal supervision • Self managing and pro-active • Ability to work in a team environment • Strong written and verbal communication skills
LANGUAGE SKILLS English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS Ability to operate computer equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY: This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.