Overview The Entry Writer II is r esponsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to customers. The Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate and must possess good customer service skills.
Responsibilities CBP Entry preparation and transmission duties:
- Receive and review documentation, to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Possess the ability to classify products according to the HTSUSA
- Ability to identify products that are subject to OGAs
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for reporting discrepancies to management.
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Report problem resolutions to management in a timely manner including suggestions for problem avoidance in the future.
- Communicate in writing or verbally with customers and managment all issues affecting specific urgent shipments
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow .
Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and/or training as an entry writer or experience in customs broker operations.
- Sound knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Browser) along with strong IT skills. Cargowise a plus.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written format with internal and external cutomer(s).
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Must have effective organizational and time management skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include, International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
N: left; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=left>