Cavalier Logistics was established in 1984 as a private, veteran-owned small business. We are a premier provider of global transportation, warehousing and logistics services with headquarters in Virginia, multiple offices throughout the United States and an international office in London.
Cavalier is seeking a full-time licensed Customs Broker to join our team in Carson – Los Angeles, CA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of import operations. Duties for this position will include compliance reviews of import transactions, data entry for transmission to customs via the ABI system, keeping all customs entry documentation current, obtaining releases from other government agencies, arranging delivery and billing after Customs release, communicating with overseas agents to determine rates and routing of imported goods, daily correspondence with clients and vendors and other duties as may be assigned.
Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Educate customers about U.S. Customs and Other Government Agency (OGA) requirements
- File entries with U.S. Customs, ensure timely dispatch of cargo, and perform accurate reporting and billing
- Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date and accurate customer records, reports, documentation, databases, etc.
- Prepare and review routine reports
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow-up to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate solid decision-making skills and ability to prioritize ever-changing daily tasks
- Possess knowledge of service offerings, logistical concepts and supply chain terminology
- Handle customs clearance
- Review shipping documents and commercial invoices to prepare accurate customs entries
- Responsible for correctly classifying and determine customs duties and fees
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive Compensation – Depends on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an import operation and 2 years as a licensed broker
- Knowledge of import routing process
- Familiarization with OGA regulations such as FDA, FCC, USDA, CDS, DCMA and BATF
- Experience in a 3PL environment. Our services include export and domestic forwarding, local p/u and delivery, warehousing and distribution. The ability to communicate between these departments is essential
- Training support staff in customs regulations and procedures
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of customer service
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Goal oriented and team player
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.