Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The key purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, conduct, execute, or coordinate detailed phases of major efforts, or total scope of moderate to major size projects in the delivery of systems to meet business needs.
The associate must also be capable of leading teams, regularly provides guidance to less experienced systems associates to support their training and development, and to effectively transfer knowledge within the department as well as to internal and external customers.
- Develop standards and procedures for testing, and implementation of support tools.
- Sets strategic direction and shapes the department to accomplish objectives. Leads associates to achieve results and implement new ways of business.
- Act as subject matter expert to various internal groups for assigned projects and platforms and keeps them all informed. Manages projects involving aquisition integrations, upgrades, and infastructure changes which includes management of IT resources and contractors.
- Effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Provides technical support for on-premis and cloud platforms, servers, databases, adn enterprise storage.
- Work with database, operating systems administrators, programmers and analysts to ensure performance service levels are met and effective data security, integrity and recoverability procedures are in place at all times.
- Project planning and management skills, including ability to identify and assess risk to determine action.
- Thorough knowledge of Information Systems and Operational processes across platforms.
- Strong knowledge of server and database administration, IT infrastructure and network operations.
- Works well independently or as part of a team.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communications abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to system functionality and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environment, including storage, security and networked systems.
- Understanding of transaction monitors, performance monitors, productivity tools and debugger tools and the ability to learn their internal coding.
Minimum: High School Degree and 15 years of experience
Minimum: U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
Preferred: Masters and 3 years of experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.