HD is seeking a Quality Control Associate!
As one of the largest North American industrial distributors of maintenance and construction products, HD Supply's key to success has always been our associates. Come be a part of our collaborative, innovative, fast-paced team, where meaningful work, professional development, competitive pay and benefits support our culture of wellness. Let's get to work - together. Join the HD Supply family today!
Shift: 9:00 am- 5:30 pm
Location: 550 Lakeside Pkwy, Flower Mound, TX 75028
HD Supply Offers:
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Competitive Paid
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
- Experience with ASTM specifications or other quality standards.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use MS Office Excel.
- Knowledge of MFG Processes such as RTF, Printing and Fabrication
- Ability to use various test & measure devices such as test ovens, calipers, tape measures and temperature gauges.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for the documentation of product performance and/or test results. Inspect materials and/or products for conformance to specifications.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Verifies product/material meets requirements of CTQ specifications and customer's unique specifications. Compares product with production and drawing for conformance by conducting quality sampling plan and data collection.
- Maintains all testing equipment. Verifies specified dimensions of product or material per drawing using calipers, micrometers and other gauges.
- Maintains up-to-date records of required third party inspections and calibrations of testing equipment.
- Examines product/material for defects. Rejects defective product/materials and records type of defect. Recognize when manufacturing process needs to be stopped, product quarantined, or changes needed to ensure quality product leaves factory.
- Monitors performance(s) in required areas and according to agreed upon standards and updates Quality job aids.
- Works with customers and suppliers where quality issues are impacted and/or affected. Conducts analysis of Returned Product to improve quality.
- Packages and protects product as required.
- Validates incoming raw material quality and works with supplier/purchasing to remedy problems.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-TX-Flower Mound
Posted Date 1 month ago (9/17/2020 3:20 PM)
Job ID 2020-39577
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 75028
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.