Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Based out of BC Lower Mainland, this Sales Engineer will provide customer support to a sales territory in Southern British Columbia. The successful candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Preference will be given to Mechanical Engineers or Mechanical Engineering Technologists with industrial sales experience.
- Manages assigned customer base or territory delivering high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities and solutions, value proposition.
- Influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Facilitates customer interaction and coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs).
- Sales plan execution:
- Develops customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing strategies and new business attainment.
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- New Business Development and support of current business:
- Submits ideas for improvements to enhance existing products or develop new products. Launch and test requests; conducts industry or technology research to identify trends.
- Evaluates competitor's products and selling/market strategy.
- Proactively identifies opportunities that support market / growth strategies, including new products and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, customer base, market strategy, and business environment in a given market segment or Front End.
Technical and Educational Requirements:
- 5-10 years industrial sales experience in a similar industry including:
- Customer Relationship Management software expertice,
- Proven expertise in executing sales plans for new and existing OEMs and Distribution including but not limited to solution based selling to improve the value proposition,
- Year over year marketshare gain.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering will be considered an asset.
Only candidates that are permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.