Logistics done differently.
Fortune Magazine named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and Forbes listed us as one of America's best employers. As the Senior Manager, Billing, you will cultivate vendor relationships and influence strategies within the Billing organization. You will deliver consistent and measurable results while focusing on improving processes and performance in alignment with overall business objectives. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage the Billing organization to align with customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements;
- Establish and manage effective business systems
- Oversee and direct the overall activities of billing, invoicing and the First Invoice Accuracy (FIA) processes, including oversight and support for the service center-based freight bill data entry process, including coordination and training of the internal billing, the invoice presentation process, and FIA, CI and QC validation
- Deploy interim solutions for business-critical needs; must have ability to quickly assess unfamiliar situations and provide remediation, including modifying standard processes to address longer term issues
- Establish and direct effective processes, procedure and practices.
- Drive transformation, improve productivity and streamline business operations.
- Define and manage the performance requirements for vendors; create and maintain documentation of bill entry and customer invoicing processes
- Proactively manage and ensure compliance with control objectives. Must be competent in troubleshooting complex billing challenges, identifying and prioritizing gaps in processes.
- Collaborate with Onboarding, IT, Vendors and internal stakeholders, to resolve roadblocks across various internal organizations.
- Partner to resolve system discrepancies and to develop systemic enhancements to gain efficiencies. Maintains operational and specific billing rules with the ability to translate and correlate this data to billing practices and requirements
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in accounting, invoicing or freight audit and payment operations
It'd be great if you also have:
- Customer contract auditing and accounts receivable experience
- Experience handling a large volume (high volume/low value) of transactions
- Demonstrated analytical skills; ability to effectively identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Transportation Invoicing and Freight Payment Department Leadership Experience
- EDI Implementation and process experience
- High degree of comfort and experience with change management
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.