Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The purpose of this role is to provide engineering guidance to the manufacturing environment, project management, and customer-facing engineering expertise relative to new and existing products. This position will focus on developing and/or modification of plant production processes, design of tooling and gauging, analysis of product designs for the purposes of maximizing production capacity and minimizing manufacturing costs, as well as representation of Timken Drives LLC to customers and industry groups.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide engineering expertise of products and product applications in order to create best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken Drives financials, and manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in designing new applications of products by applying current and new engineering principles.
- Perform and document all engineering analysis and testing required to validate designs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and conformance to engineering standards and quality systems.
- Engage in engineering projects that require analysis and problem solving in order to meet customer requirements
- Develop and implement new engineering standards, new technology, and new uses of technology
- Design and develop tooling and gauging required for product manufacturing
- Participate in process improvement projects to minimize manufacturing costs and increase efficiency.
- Create/Develop efficient factory layout drawings.
- Create manufacturing routings, bills of materials and other necessary system data in a SAP environment.
- Ability to manage projects
- Customer and team focus
- Learning agility
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to work in manufacturing facility
- Solid modeling design experience
Education: Minimum: BACHELOR of Engineering. 3+ years of product and/or manufacturing engineering, design
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.