Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Support the management team at Timken Aerospace Drive Systems by analyzing customer provided technical information, preparing estimates and finalizing quotes.
- Manage the customer RFQ queue and ensure quotes are returned timely according to customer's needs
- Analyzes blueprints and technical data - including specifications, proposals, and other data to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes to aid in bidding on or determining price of the operation/service
- Break down the manufacturing process by operations and inspections including any parts, tools and equipment needed and incorporating appropriate costs into estimates and resultant quotes
- Consult with customers, vendors, and team members to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Maintain records of estimate projects, analyzing change orders and determine cost differences
- Ability to work within an AS9100 environment and meticulously follow work processes; yet still collaborative to support company philosophy of Continuous Improvement.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or related field
Five to seven years of estimating experience in a machine shop or manufacturing environment
Technical ability read blueprints, drawings, specifications (GD&T desired)
Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and project management skills
Excellent time management and follow up skills
Strong customer relationships skills - ability to interact with customers, suppliers, and all levels in an organization
ERP or MRP knowledge (Epicor experience is desired)
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PPT)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.