HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for working with multiple divisions of HD Supply to audit, improve, analyze and manage compliance with applicable import and export regulations and related projects. Serve as the liaison for our import/export third parties, such as Freight Forwarders and Customhouse Brokers. Monitor all aspects of the HD Supply import and export custom compliance programs.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Monitors export documentation process and compliance including monitoring export regulations and ensuring compliance with changes and new requirements. Communicates export compliance policies and procedures by way of enterprise-wide training programs. Monitors and resolves daily export compliance issues and NAFTA eligibility, reporting, and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with U.S. import/export regulations with regard to proper classification, valuation, origin rules, free trade agreements, documentation and recordkeeping (such as, up to date product classifications list, HTS codes, Duty, etc.).
- Participates in customs audits (import and export) and investigations. Assigns Schedule B classification (exports)/HTS product classification (imports) and export control numbers (ECCN).
- Manages licenses and approvals from U.S. and foreign regulatory agencies as to imports / exports including overseeing all necessary record keeping
- Performs data analysis and suggests improvements with regards to company U.S. Customs entry data, ISF data, and export clearance.
- Performs regular checks on anti-dumping duties, countervailing duties, and U.S. Customs rulings in relation to company product and communicates regulatory changes and impact
- Remains up-to-date on Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. import regulations (10+2, Lacey Act, etc.), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and communicates regulatory changes.
- Participates in the development and implementation of import/export compliance processes and procedures.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location and/or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Licensed Customs Broker required.
- Minimum 5 years within a Trade Compliance role with a Customs Broker or BCO.
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or International Trade
- SAP Experience Preferred
- Freight Forwarding and/or Import Operations Experience
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 2 months ago (9/8/2020 10:16 AM)
Job ID 2020-39418
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.