Logistics done differently.
Are you ready to work with the best? At XPO Logistics, our employees are our biggest asset. As a Linehaul Coordinator, you will set up, oversee and supervise all aspects of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) linehaul operation. You will represent our core company values of safety, integrity, commitment and excellence with outside maintenance and truckload vendors. Your leadership and direction will improve the accuracy and timeliness of linehaul projections, helping us to deliver world-class customer service. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a company that's clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Position all shipments in the linehaul operation to ensure timely service
- Manage equipment pools to ensure linehaul and service center goals can be achieved
- Suggest network design changes to improve freight flow productivity
- Oversee daily set up and linehaul operations
- Reduce total company schedules and empty miles to decrease costs without compromising service
- Supervise all activity relating to freight assembly centers and reship operations within your assigned area
- Coach linehaul employees to ensure the cost-effective use of company assets
- Monitor schedules daily to verify load factor and utilization of equipment
- Communicate problems encountered at your assigned service centers; meet with team and/or send information up the chain of command until the problem is resolved
- Ensure all employees under your supervision comply with company policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and direction to improve the accuracy and timeliness of linehaul projections
- Concentrate on the fundamentals of service, quality, administrative compliance and communication
- Support and demonstrate our core company values of safety, integrity, commitment and excellence
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of related work experience
- Working knowledge of freight movement systems, methodologies and procedures
- Familiarity with DOT and Hazmat rules and regulations
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Working knowledge of the less-than-truckload industry
- Solid analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and delegate workloads, while coaching, developing and leading employees to be their best
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to motivate and influence team members
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.