Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying facility design and personnel requirements to help keep our operations running smoothly. You'll also develop work instructions and update standard operating procedures. As a part of the XPO team, you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide daily business solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow and transportation methods
- Develop production time studies, head count analyses, downtime analyses, efficiency improvement plans, warehouse slotting and SKU velocity analyses
- Identify bottlenecks and improve flow; analyze inbound, outbound and inventory operations to create and maintain optimum warehouse operations
- Perform value stream mapping, process improvements and standardization across multiple sites
- Assist pricing and solutions teams in providing operational cost and other key info needed for RFPs
- Track KPIs and develop basic analytics for all operational metrics
- Work with vendors to identify operational equipment and automation solutions
- Develop and manage project plans for major operational improvement activities
- Support the Maintenance department by developing list of critical spare parts, min/max tracker; daily P&L tracking for Finance
- Convert contract documents, proposals and statements of work into work instructions and operating procedures; submit ISO-compliant work instructions and standard operating procedure documents to the Quality Management System (QMS)
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of engineering experience
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Microsoft Office experience
It'd be great if you also have:
- 3 years of engineering experience
- Experience in Lean Logistics and Statistical Process Control tools
- Availability to travel up to 50% at times
- Experience with SQL and BI software such as Tableau, Power BI, Data Studio, etc.
- Ability to compose thorough and detailed technical documentation, job aids, procedures manuals, etc.
- Experience with Visual Basic, VBA, Python, R and C/C++/C#
- Shop Floor experience, especially in Manufacturing support operations (Kanban, Subassemblies, PFEP, Lineside Delivery, Metering/Sequencing, Just-in-Time)
- Ability to use AutoCAD to quickly draft, modify and produce detailed facility layouts
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.