Position: Warehouse Cross/dock Supervisor - SHIFT HOURS *** 2PM - 11PM ***
The main function of this position will be to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction as it pertains to the 3PL product. This is a "hands-on" position that will require a working knowledge of all aspects of the 3PL product. The Logistics Receiving Specialist will report directly to the Logistics Manager and Product Management. Plans, organizes and monitors the receiving and storage of all items received ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so customer product is verified in quantity and condition as well as put away upon delivery to the DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Establish procedures and staffing level to accomplish the warehousing mission in a safe, compliant, effective and efficient manner adhering to the company and customer specific policies and regulations.
- • Leverages the WMS to drive warehouse processes where possible and continuously looks for opportunities to further improve this.
- • Coordinates with the Shipping, Inventory Control, and the Value Added Services (VAS) Sponsors to provide a safe, efficient and productive workflow.
- • Plans and coordinates work for Receiving Associates including training, motivating, monitoring and evaluating performance; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment; counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- • Develops personnel to function effectively without constant supervision.
- • Maintains equipment and consumables required to perform the daily functions of Receiving.
- • Plans and schedules inbound carriers.
- • Monitors and maintains the unloading of all product into the Receiving Department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report product received; ensures carrier paperwork is completed, signed off and compliant.
- • Resolves discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiving reports.
- • Monitors the process flow to ensure efficient and timely updates to the systems.
- • Oversees the movement of inventory from inbound carries to Receiving Dock and from Receiving Dock to the Warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- • Monitors and measures Receiving and Warehouse performance for accuracy of receiving reporting and movement and storage of inventory.
- • Acts as point of contact for Customer Service.
- • Performs other related duties as required.
- • 3-5 years of experience in Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, or Inventory Control in a distribution environment with two years in a leadership role.
- • Strong knowledge of Receiving, Warehouse, and Material Handling operations, methods, and practices.
- • Must be safety certified
- • Must be experienced in receiving hazardous materials.
- • Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
- • Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security, C-TPAT regulations, OSHA compliance, Forklift certification
- • Knowledge and previous use and/or configuration of any leading WMS a plus.
- • Must possess the ability to effectively and clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- • Demonstrates a positive "can do" attitude that motivates others.
- • Must poses skills and professional standards to manage, inspire, train and motivate the Team
- • Should demonstrate interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, other managers, supervisors and associates
- • Strong relationship negotiation skills
- • Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- • Excellent communication skills, including; writing, editing, and presentation
- • Proactive and excellent prioritization skills
- • Detail oriented
- • Strong Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry
- • Proactive approach to solving problems
- • Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- • Ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a positive attitude
- • Implement and maintain a standard in which the Team will support and respect implemented Receiving Control Guidelines
- • Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- • Comfortable using metrics to manage team and drive improvements
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, have a solid physical aptitude and endurance and the desire to work in a fast paced environment. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel, operate machinery and drive a vehicle. This position will require a variety of duties including materials handling, loading and unloading of trucks, counting inventory and the ability to lift up to 25-50 lbs. Forklift certification required.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Work schedule may be changed due to the needs of the business. This position is referred to as a full-time exempt position with supervisory responsibilities. This role is located in a warehouse environment. For full-time exempt employees, the work schedule is typically 40 hours per work week if the number of hours necessary to complete an assignment exceeds 40 hours within a work week, the employee is expected to work a reasonable number of additional hours as part of the employee's job requirements.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.