US3090 Sygma Illinois, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; managing the company shop and shop personnel for the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of the Sysco fleet, ensuring safety and security of the shop and fleet, and providing management and direction to shop staff. The position is also responsible for administrative duties including parts procurement, inventory management, asset tracking and cost control through maintenance systems.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in fleet maintenance and repairs
- Create, maintain, implement and prioritize work orders, implement programs, and schedule work in accordance with departmental needs
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Monitors work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed
- Hire, review, coach, and develop the positions within Fleet maintenance
- Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety requirements. Issuing discipline when necessary
- Specify and obtain price quotes on parts, supplies, building systems and trucks for Fleet and power equipment to include batteries, chargers, and other related accessories.
- Reviews fleet maintenance functions and various operational and expense reporting
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet maintenance. Audit of vendor/service provider invoices and billing
- Actively support Safety initiatives by assisting other departments with identifying and resolving safety issues through procedure review, communication, coaching, and incident investigation.
- Perform equipment repairs and maintenance within the scope of applicable service levels
- Conducts audits daily to ensure all required documentation is accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns, preventative maintenance logs, pre/post-trip inspections, certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a minimum potential for loss
- Assist with third party audit preparation, ensuring compliance daily to receive a successful audit score
High School Diploma or equivalent required
3 years of fleet management experience, a minimum of 3-year supervisory experience.
- General understanding of building maintenance, refrigeration, plumbing, processing equipment, and welding accepted practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with Department of Transportation (DOT) and OSHA regulations
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Decision Making Authority
- Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Prioritizing, executing and follow up on work orders
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Purchase of services/equipment
- Staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, reviews and termination
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.