Employees in this position audit outbound selector pallets for quality and accuracy. This ensures that product reaches our customer in good condition and is correct.
This is a 2nd shift position. 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to randomly select pallets for audit as this is not computer generated.
• Responsible to audit at least 10% of all pallets per month.
• If pallet is large auditor will use an electric pallet jack to move the pallet to a designated safe zone for audit. If small enough to be done quickly it will be done in place.
• Use scanner to ascertain items and quantities that should be on pallet and match items to check for accuracy, damage, that labels are facing out, and that correct stacking methods were used.
• Coordinate with Dock Supervisor and / or order selector to make corrections to pallets. Auditor will correct where selector is not available. Fill out an error worksheet for any corrections that must be made to be used for possible disciplinary action.
• Help conduct audit of one full load per shift.
• Place sticker after audit is complete with the time, date and Operator ID of the Auditor.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Read, write, understand and speak English.
• Must have knowledge of computers and ability to learn WIN and other internal systems
• Must obtain and be able to use handheld computer/scanners constantly.
• Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
• Must be able to successfully communicate with order selectors, loaders and supervisors. This might include non English-speaking employees as well.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, scanning frequently and for prolonged periods (anywhere from 8-12 Hours).
- Manual dexterity to manipulate tools of job.
- Near visual acuity/good hearing required.
- Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment from 34 degrees F to -20 degrees F.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing from a few ounces to nearly 100lbs occasionally in order to break down and fix pallets.
- Must be able to reach up to 5.5 - 6 feet.
- Push/pull cases weighing from a few ounces to near 100lbs occasionally.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.