HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Provide HR support and counsel to a business/functional line to include: staffing, compensation, benefits, learning, associate relations, and performance management. Ensure consistent application of HR policies/procedures. Act as liaison to other departments and functional experts.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Administer core human resources programs including staffing, associate relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, and learning.
- Develop and recommend solutions to a variety of human resources issues.
- Consult with management on the interpretation and administration of human resources policies, programs, and procedures.
- Works with managers and associates to investigate and resolve associate relations issues.
- Conducts staffing support including sourcing, interviewing candidates, and conducting reference checks.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Understanding of EAP and drug testing policies.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Job Locations US-WA-Kent
Posted Date 3 months ago (9/8/2020 7:51 AM)
Job ID 2020-39362
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Human Resources
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 98032
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.