Our warehouse in Kent, WA, is urgently seeking an experienced Warehouse Lead to take charge of our Casepick Department.
To qualify for this position, you MUST have:
- At least two years of warehouse experience with at least six months in a leadership capacity.
- Working knowledge in Warehouse Management Software Programs
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience operating forklifts, cherry pickers, or similar equipment
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to speak English fluently (due to Voice Pick system)
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Lead a team of 10-20 lower-level warehouse associates by example.
- Coach and train warehouse associates on the proper execution of warehouse duties; ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Motivate the team to meet productivity and accuracy goals.
- Safely operate forklift or other machinery to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet jacks, or other machinery to complete tasks such as unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- May also complete tasks such as palletizing, shipping, and data entry.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, and more!)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
Shift: Monday - Friday, 12:00pm-finish (overtime is subject to business needs)
Location: 20625 59th Pl S,Kent,WA,98032
Job Description & Qualifications
Perform general warehouse operations and support management by acting as first line of assistance for associates. Dependent on volume/size of the facility, may have specialized tasks or have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Verifies and enters data into the system.
- Maintains condition of work area.
- Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity and accuracy goals.
- May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory, order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight, size and characteristics of load.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 18+ months of warehouse experience.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations, products.
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching techniques.
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures.
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related matters.
Job Locations US-WA-Kent
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (11/11/2020 2:41 PM)
Job ID 2020-40399
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 98032
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.