Graymont's Marbleton, QC Plant is looking for a supervisor with a technical background that enjoys working with people, improving chemical and mechanical processes and wants a long term career in the industrial minerals industry.
Canada - QC - Marbleton
Graymont's Marbleton, QC plant is looking for a supervisor with a technical background that enjoys working with people, improving chemical and mechanical processes and wants a long term career in the industrial minerals industry. Graymont services a wide range of industries and locations. This position reports to the plant Superintendent. We value safety at Graymont and we are looking for someone with the same value. This position will directly supervise the employees in the Lime Kiln, Hydrator and Bagging department. The supervisor will have to work directly with our process engineer to improve all plant processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a critical member of the Marbleton Plant management team.
- Specifically responsible for supervising the Kiln and hydrator operators and process.
- Ensure that the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, personnel, plant efficiency, availability, environmental compliance and product quality.
- Lead and develop an effective engaged workforce within the plant that works well with other functions: maintenance, sales, human resources, engineering, etc.
- Strong communication skills are critical to the success of this position. The successful candidate will communicate across plant function lines as well as non- plant resources to ensure "best" solutions and engineering practice are implemented.
- Identify, analyze and implement process improvements.
- Coordinate the maintenance and production activities associated with long and short term shutdowns.
- Develop, manage and impement capital projects and major repairs with plant personnel.
- Coordinate and supervise work provided by contractors and vendors.
- Assist the operation and maintenance in determining the root cause of problems causing equipment failure or process upsets and develop corrective solutions.
- Participation in day-to-day plant environmental compliance and reporting.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor in managing inventory, JDE Reports and Work Order system. Administer the collective agreement.
- Ensure accurate employee payroll hours and production data are entered in ODE.
- Ensure compliance with employee task training.
- Ensure compliance with fugitive dust emissions, housekeeping and workplace inspections.
- Perform "on-call" duties on rotation with the management team.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- BS Degree or College degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years industrial process or supervisory experience required.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines or to ensure resolution of plant problems.
- Passionate in the pursuit of implementing process improvements.
- Basic financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, and planning)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) and the ability to learn new applications.
- PLC programming and JDE experience is a plus.