Graymont's Eden, Wisconsin plant is seeing a Lab Technician with a strong attention to detail, high level of organization and the ability to multitask.
United States - WI - Eden
POSITION SUMMARY :
Graymont's Eden Plant in Wisconsin is seeking a Lab Technician. The successful candidate must be able to work well with coworkers and department heads and must be a self-starter who is able to work without direct supervision. The position requires attention to detail, a high level of organization, and the ability to multitask. The position will be in the Eden Plant Laboratory and candidates must possess a willingness to learn proper sample preparation, analytical instruments, and analytical procedures.
The position will be a first shift position.
All applicants will be evaluated on an individual basis to ensure they meet the requirements of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct activities related to the laboratory operation. (Quality samples from the quarry to the finished product).
- Provide the highest standards in sample preparation, sample analysis, and safety and health.
- Assist in the development of new methods to improve lab efficiency.
- Communicate with other team members and with other departments.
- Assist with environmental testing, reporting, and compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned and be willing to work after hours and weekends as necessary.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work without direct supervision.
- Successful candidate must possess a high level of organization and ability to multitask.
- Willingness to learn proper sample preparation, analytical instruments (XRF, LECO, etc.), and analytical procedures.
- Prior laboratory experience a plus